Carbon strategy and reporting
With CO2 emissions as one of the biggest drivers of climate change, corporate emissions have increasingly come under a magnifying glass. Companies have to make their contribution to the climate targets set out in the Paris Agreement. But how do you report on your CO2 emissions as a company and ensure that they are effectively reduced?
We help companies with a targeted and substantiated carbon strategy in line with the activities and developments within the sector. The aim is to avoid and reduce emissions as much as possible and only compensate those emissions that are unavoidable. We support carbon strategies that are aligned with recognised (inter)national standards and initiatives such as the GHG protocol and the Science Based Targets initiative (CO2 reduction targets that are in line with the Paris Agreement).
When drawing up a carbon strategy, we adopt the following step-by-step approach:
- Provide background information on CO2 terminology, relevant legislation and initiatives.
- Determine the scope of the emissions: (1, 2 & 3) and set up a targeted governance structure for measuring, reporting on and steering towards CO2 reduction.
- Collect and calculate the CO2 footprint.
- Analyse the CO2 footprint and discuss the potential strategic impact.
- Draw up the CO2 strategy and annual plans. The focus is on prevention and reduction, but offsetting options and partners will also be discussed.